Friday, June 26, 2009

Milestones and Meltdowns


Ahh, summer...It's HOTTT (3 T's=very hot)! This week Abby and I have been hanging out in the house alot, BORING I know but if we go outside we will melt. We tried to go the playground, fail. Our favourite playground is brand new and in about 10 years it will be perfect, once the trees grow in. Right now there is no shade and alas it's a bit toasty for sliding and running around. The tantrums have continued this week. Why was I told it was the terrible "Two's"? It's obviously the terrible 14.5 months. Everything is a meltdown: I won't let her eat my toothpaste-meltdown. I won't let her take sharp knifes out of the dishwasher-meltdown. I won't let her dump Max's water bowls on the ground-meltdown. Basically, I'm a big ole meanie who won't let her do anything. I can't wait till she is a teenager!
Milestone for this week: Abby now shakes her head for yes and no. I discovered this when I was singing her one of our favourite songs to sing, "Hello, Hello. Who's your lady friend?" (I sing Abby mostly WWI and WWII era songs taught to me by my Grandad, she eats them up like candy!) I asked her if she wanted me to sing it again, and she nodded her head yes. The realization that she is understanding more and more words and concepts is amazing. Also makes me think, shit! I need to stop cursing so much and watch what I say in front her now. dammit.

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute, I love this picture. It has been really hot here too. Thank goodness for the pool, even if it is annoying and filled w/ kids. Catch hit the "terrible twos" early too, when we used to call him "Wrecking Ball" (WB for short). Miss you!!! Love your posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever have kids, I know their first words will be swears. I swear like an emm-effing sailor most of the time. (I try to watch it around other people's kids, but still...)

    Hope it cools a little so you can have more fun outside.

    ReplyDelete