Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Holidays


This year I was looking forward the Holidays even more than I usually am because it was Abby's first everything! We started early and took Abby to see Santa before thanksgiving, I assumed she would cry but I'm ok w/ that I just wanted a memory and picture. As soon as she saw the man in red she screamed! I ended up sitting on a stool w/ her on my knee and leaning out of the picture, then Santa rubbed my knee. I want to think that he thought it was Abby, so I'm going w/ that. Christmas Eve we went to church , Abby is in her screaming phase so she screamed a couple of times and we got "looks" from some older folks around us. She wasn't screaming out of fussiness she just likes to express herself. Loudly. They can bite me. There was other kids screaming and crying so there (sticking my tongue out)! The lady next to me had a really nice Coach bag and Abby was trying to get into it, hey the girl has taste.
Christmas morning Abby opened her stocking w/ Daddy and Mommy took pictures as usual. I never get to be in pictures! Then we had a big breakfast and waited around for grandparents to arrive. For some reason Internet, I had insisted that we host Christmas this year. I think I was high on epidural or something because I will never host Christmas again until Abby is older it's waaay too much work w/ a baby. Thank goodness though my Mom brought the majority of the food and it was made already, I made the turkey tho and it was damn good! Abby got so many toys I don't know what to do w/ them and them we watched Mama Mia and everyone left. It was an awesome Christmas but it never lives up to my expectations for some reason, I think I expect it to be like Christmas was when I was little and we used to go to my Aunt's house and there was so many people and we played games and it was a perfect Christmas. I can't wait to make those Christmases for Abby.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Rachey...all I can say is, things WILL get better each year that Abby gets older and if you have any more kids it is easier the 2nd time around. The first one is there to entertain (or fight w/) the first. I've added you to my list of mommy blogs :) The one I was telling you about is julia.typepad.com if you want to check it out. Love, Law

    ReplyDelete