Monday, August 10, 2009

hobo baby

The past week has been full of friends and fun. We went to Old Town Alexandria for dinner last week with Joe who was on a Booze Allen work trip to DC. He and Edgar used to be roommates a few hundred years ago and he is such a nice guy. We went to dinner at The Chart House, pretty good food but a little overpriced. They had no veggie options so Edgar got a baked potato and a Caesar salad (the salad could have fed a small town it was so huge) and was very happy with his choices. I had shrimp scampi and it was ok, not 25.00 worth of ok, but ok. Abby was such a good little lady at dinner, she was eating bread, ate some squash that I brought from home, and drank about 3 liters of milk from her kids cup the restaurant gave her. Her and I were engaged in a game of "hold the straw in your mouth like a dog would a stick" for most of dinner which was making her giggle, so I wasn't thinking about the fact that she was drinking SUCH a lot of fluids or taking her to the lady's room to check her diaper. Edgar asked me if I needed to take her and I said, "nah..she will be fine..they make diapers to hold lots of pee pee duh!" ugh...I hate when he is right. When we were finished dinner I picked up Abby out of the high chair and realized that her pants were soaked. With. Pee. oops. So, I took her to the bathroom and realized I didn't have wipes. Me=failing as mother. I couldn't leave the pants on her since they were pee soaked so I had to just put her in a diaper and she had to ride around Old Town in her stroller, for all to see in her underwear and a shirt. Oh, and she also had no shoes or socks on which really completed her hobo look.

No comments:

Post a Comment