Wednesday, May 6, 2009

my little mystery


I know this is an old pic but I think it's funny and I have been a bad mommy the last few weeks and really haven't taken any pictures. I have been lazy and not keeping up with the blog lately sorry Internet! I am a whee bit confused as late because my little Petunia has decided she is much too advanced to take naps and...maybe she only needs to nap for an hour a day but NO MORE. The last week has been nap mutiny, we were on such a great schedule for the last 6 months or more and alas now who knows...if I get one hour of nap I'm lucky. Teething?-yes she is like a fiend, could this be it? A friend of mine told me today that her son did this too when he transitioned to just one nap a day, so I'm going to go with this theory and hope for the best. Babies are a mystery I tell you!
I turned 32 last week and I don't really know how I feel about it. On one hand I know that it's not old and 50 is the new 30 and all that but 32...jeez it's just so much closer to 40 than 31. I don't know if it's just me but since I have had a baby I kind of don't know what my "identity" is anymore. Am I still a girl who likes to go out and dance? Am I just some one's mom now? Can I still get my clothes at H & M? Do I look like mutton dressed as lamb if I do? I was walking with Abby today and I saw a girl, probably around 15, walking home from school. She smiled at me and said hi and I said hi back and I thought, "wow, that was me 5 minutes ago" and it just blew my mind that time has gone by so fast. Has it really been 15 yrs or more that I was in high school?
I think I am allergic to Thank You notes. If I owe you one, I'm so sorry I suck at writing them. And mailing them. I have them written out and I didn't have stamps so instead of buying stamps I just gave up and forgot that you can actually buy stamps at the store so I had to wait for Edgar to give me some. Stamps that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment