Sunday, April 19, 2009

it's official!...

Abby can well and truly walk now. So funny that it just happened all of a sudden, yesterday she was still just walking a few steps every so often and this morning she just got up and walked across the living room and hasn't stopped since. I'm so happy and excited about this new stage in her life but also a little sad to think she is not a crawling baby anymore, is she still a baby even? Is she a toddler? GASP! I'm definetly enjoying the fact that we can take her to do more things now and she is really enjoying them. We went to BunnyLand the other day, not the Bunny Ranch which is what I keep calling it for some reason (freudian slip?), at Butler's Orchard. I just have to say I love that place, it's so cute and I can't wait to take Abby to pick strawberries in the summer-I used to do that when I was little and it was one of my favourite things to do. Bunnyland was so fun, we met Russ, Leah, and Edaena there; Abby rode a pony who's name was Scooby Doo. I was a little afraid that she would be scared and cry but she LOVED it and just giggled and smiled the whole time. After that we saw baby animals and took lots of great photos for memories. Edaena is getting so big, @ almost 5 months she is so cute and starting to laugh and smile. Abby was smitten with her when we came back to the house and couldn't resist kissing her little baby foot. Abby is very into kissing things at the moment, Max is covered in kisses all day long and she even kissed a boy at Little Gym the other (look out Nicholas!) it's just so adorable I love that she is getting so huggy and snuggly now. After being with a young baby it really made me realize how much easier it is to have an older baby, she doesn't cry as much as she did when she was 4 months, she can eat solid food and not have to nurse every 2 hours, also if I did have to nurse her it would be so much easier as Abby and I are nursing pros now as we have demonstrated by nursing various places including the bank. Still even after all that annoying little teeny baby stuff I still REALLY want to have another one, it's so worth it and do not want Abby to grow up an only child.
I had a wonderful dinner "date" with Kari at PF Changs, o my it was delish! I think it is entirely possible that Kari and I will never ever run out of things to talk about. Ever. I just love her. Then I went home and Edgar had taken Abby to Mircro Center (poor child) and to the party store to get a new balloon because she loves them so, awe what a nice Daddy! Sadly, Abby is afraid of the helium tanks sssssing noise and pitched a fit so she will have to wait until I take her to safeway next week to get one.
Finally---I got new curtains!!!! I'm in shock that I have actually got CURTAINS, I feel like I'm dreaming I have wanted to get rid of those crappy blinds for so many years now and now they are gone. le sigh...I am a happy mummy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment