Sunday, February 22, 2009

Germfest 2009


What a fun filled 2 weeks it's been! First there was the stomach bug, then teething, next a fabulous cold, and last but not least double ear infections. The stomach bug was just punishment I think for Edgar and I going out on a date w/o Abby. My Mom was watching Abby, all was well. We came home and were informed Abby had been sick twice...weird. I fed her and put her into bed, that was my first mistake, then I heard it on the monitor. Puking! poor baby girl! I ran into her and she was covered, luckily she didn't eat dinner and had pretty much just threw up the breast milk from earlier. This continued until she had nothing left in her little tummy and she went to sleep. I have to say now that being puked on by my child does not phase me in the least, I think I had a pukey shirt on for a few hours before I realized I should probably change it. The remnants of this was a week of diarrhea (aren't you glad I'm telling you all this Internet?) which could last for 2 weeks per the doctor! Things were going well and then a cold, w/ a nasty chesty cough to go w/ it. Once the cold started to go away Abby got really upset one night and couldn't stop crying and hitting her ears. uh oh. I took her in a voila!-double ear infections. So we are on 10 days of antibiotics, which are giving her diarrhea AGAIN, all in all Abby is being such a good little patient and loves her bright pink medicine. I hope when she is older she will forgive me for taking pictures of her when she is sick but she just looked so darn cute I couldn't resist. I'm hoping this week we make it to Little Gym, since the last 2 classes we have missed. I have asked friends of mine who have older kids if this is how it is every winter, I was informed, yep. sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment